Thursday, February 09, 2006

Finishing up chapter 2

I just finished the review for chapter 2 as well as the section on getting ready for chapter 3, which is about exponential functions. The getting ready section was about exponents and rules of exponents. The section was good review and I need to remember to look again at the page with all the rules (pg. 139). Now I can move onto chapter 3. There's section 3.1 which is an introduction to the family of exponential functions. Section 3.2 is about comparing exponential and linear functions. 3.3 is about the graphs of exponential functions. 3.4 is about continuous growht and the number 'e.' Then I should do the review of chapter 3 (if I ever get through all of it!).

I know I haven't been too good about writing summaries about class but I have another class right after so I don't really have time right after precalc class. But I'm going to try and jot some things do that I can write about later. Today I was going to ask my teacher about a specific problem from section 2.6 but he wasn't in his office so I went to the math center and wrote down my name to get help. I did get really good help from a woman working there. However, the problem is that she didn't know exactly how I was learning things so she explained it in a little different way than my teacher would. I eventually got what she was saying, which really helped in figuring out how I would figure out the problem. I notice that sometimes even if someone is trying to help me figure out a problem and they don't fully help me, it usually helps me figure out how to figure the problem out on my own, if that makes any sense. It's nice that I've been understanding precalc so far, I hope it stays like this, challenging but understandable.

Now, to start chapter 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home