Friday, February 17, 2006

So I don't have class today since it's President Day Weekend holiday.. but I did have class on Wednesday. Wednesday we had a quiz on sections 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. The quiz was okay, but I ended up checking the first problem incorrectly so I said it had no solution when really it did. Fortunately, the solution I found was correct and I worked it all out on the paper so maybe my teacher will give me some credit, I hope because I did it right! The homework that was due on Wednesday was 4.2 and 4.3. Chapter 4 is about logarithms which are a little confusing. The first and only time I can remember learning about logarithms is in Algebra 2 and it wasn't a main focus for the class.. I remember not really understanding them but it didn't really matter since it was just a little part of the class. I know understand logarithms a lot more but it's definitely a big concept to think about and understand. I notice that there are some kinds of concepts in math that totally change your thinking about what math is and what defines math. The learner can either sort of admit that math concept into his or her brain and try and change what they think math is.. or the person can get really utterly confused and have a really hard time understanding this new concept... I don't know if that makes much sense but I hope it makes some sense! The homework this weekend (due Wednesday since we don't have class Mon. either) is to do 4.4 and 5.1 I think.. I don't remember in detail what either of those topics are about but I'll find out.

A habit I'm going to try and start and keep is something to help me with my quiz taking for this class. My teacher always gives us two questions (from that week's homework) which usually have multiple steps involved in getting the answer. For most of the quizzes I haven't been able to finish both problems and have time to check them over. So, after every section of homework, I'm going to choose two problems that I think he'll ask and then try and complete both of them in 10 minutes (the time he allows us for a quiz) and see if I can get through both of them. Hopefully, that will help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home