Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Section 5.1 - Vertical and Horizontal Shifts

I just finished section 5.1 in the Math Center and I thought it went pretty well. The only thing I'm still trying to grasp of horizontal shift (that to move to the right you have to say f(x-2) and to the left you write f(x+2) because the example on page 183 and 184, it's shifted to the left for 2 hours (f(x+2)) because it's saying that the new function is what the old function is what the old function was 2 hours after (+2) because it's moved to the left.. if that makes any sense!

Now that I'm done with all the homework (I wrote that before I did the homework and after I read the section) I understand it a lot more which is good because the second exam is on Friday! I think it's from section 2.5 to 5.1.

Oh, and I got 50/50 on my quiz that was last Wednesday and we got back today! And I need to get graph paper for my homework because we're drawing more graphs for homework right now so it's easier to do that with graph paper.

So, to get ready for the exam I'm going to do both the practice exams (which I got from the library today and copied) and go to my teacher's office hours tomorrow sometime from 11AM-noon so I can go over anything that I don't understand. From this past section (5.1) I'm going to ask my teacher about #19 which I didn't understand at all and of course, there was no answer in the book because it was an 'explain your answer' question.

For Monday I have to do sections 5.2 and 5.3 which are about reflections and symmetry (5.2) and vertical stretches and compressions (5.3) but I'm going to do those on the weekend so I can get ready for the exam on Friday.

Okay, I think that's it so I'll definitely update again before Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home